The Koolsadhu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koolsadhu

Daily Reflections

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
anu rulz

anu rulz

J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) Empty
PostSubject: J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)   J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:48 am

hey guys..long time since anybody posted a new author so am taking the liberty of writing abt one of my favourite authors..as sum of u might know am nuts abt the futuristic crime series tht she writes called the "In Death" series starring lieutenant Eve Dallas and her gang..since i dnt think many have read thm i thought i wud give a character sketch which might prompt u to read the books coz in my opinion they rock!!

Dallas,Lieutenant Eve: she is the head of Homicide,NYPSD in the year 2060..a complete no-nonsense,kickass woman who is a cop right down to the bones..her life began when she was 8 yrs old,found in an alley in Dallas,Chicago by cops and social workers,a child wid no memory of her past,a child who was emotionally,physically and sexually abused..they gave her the name of Eve Dallas and she made herself into the cop tht she is..one who has the faces and names of all her victims in her head and who thinks of murder as the ultimate insult of humankind..so used to not having anybody most of her life,she gets amusingly flustered when she sees love and concern for her and inspite all her efforts for the contrary,has ended up wid a gang of friends as varied frm a former con to a high profiled psychiatrist..

Roarke: he is the other half of the coin..he grew up on the streets of Dublin as a petty thief wid his monster of a father who thought nothing of beating the hell out of him just for the heck of it..his sheer guts,his need to have a better life,his brains,his rugged handsome looks,his guile to use the same and his magic wid electronics have brought him frm there to being one of the richest men in the world..he met Eve at a funeral in the first book where he was a suspect and she,the primary of the investigation,and changed both their lives after tht..to quote thm "we saved each other"..they redefine romance wid their contrasting personalitites and their sarcastic comments coating the sheer love and tenderness tht only these two can give each other..one of the best written couples in fiction..

Summerset: he is Roarke's majordomo and the one person other thn Eve whom Roarke trusts wid his life..he found Roarke in DUblin wen roarke was 14 yrs old,beaten half to death and left lying in the gutter by his father..summerset took him in and became his father,his mentor,his family..Eve and he share a love-hate relationship where both show disdain for each other and very reluctantly,have mutual respect for each other,which wud be very embarrassing for both if the other ever found out..their daily spats and exchange of insults are generally the high-points of their day..

Feeney,Captain Ryan: He scooped eve straight out of police academy and became her trainer and partner in homicide..he made Eve the cop tht she is today and in all aspects tht matter,is the father tht she never really had..again,both wud be really embarrassed if anybody as much as hints towards ths.. Rolling Eyes He is now the head of E-Detectives Division,NYPSD and a part of her investigative team for most of her cases..

Mavis Freestone: she was a former grifter who was busted by Eve,and by a strange turn of events,ended up being Eve's closest and oldest friend..she is this colourful personality who stands for everything tht wierd,fashionable and quirky..an absolute delightful character who can diffuse any tensed situation..

Peabody,Officer(later Detective) Delia: she is the stalwart cop whom Eve enlists as her aide and later becomes her partner in Homicide..she and Eve make an impeccable team and complement each other perfectly..she comes frm a family of Free-Agers and moved to NY to become a homicide cop..her scenes wid Eve are again the highlight of the series wid her sarcasm and wit matching wid Eve's no nonsense attitude..a cop Eve wud go thru any door wid..

Dr. Charlotte Mira: she is the criminal profiler and one of the best psychiatrists in NY..(needless to say,i want to be her wen i grow up Embarassed ) she sees Eve as a daughter figure and Eve very reluctantly reciprocates the emotion..a wall of strength for Eve wen she starts getting memory flashes of her abusive past and her monster of a father,and a very good friend of both Eve and Roarke..

McNab,Detective Ian: a detective in E-Detectives Division and one of Feeney's best boys,is an indispensible part of Eve's team and much to Feeney's and Eve's annoyance and chagrin,Peabody's cohab..their muddling thru their love story is quite a treat for anybody liking a light romance..

Nadine Furst: a go-getter journalist on crime beat,she is one of the few wid ethics and looks at victims beyond the story,the sole reasons why Eve likes and respects her..another friend in Eve's varied circle..

Patrick O'Roarke and Richard Troy: the two excuses for human beings who are unforunately related respectively to Roarke and Eve genetically as their biological fathers and their worst enemies..one got his kicks beating his son to death and the other,being the despicable worm tht he is,used to rape his 8 yr old daughter to train her to become a licenced companion..their stories unravel thru the series,motly in Naked in Death,Interlude in Death and Divided in Death..

there are many other characters in Eve and Roarke's world bt these are the most essential ones..i really hope it makes u guys curious enugh to read the novels..i guarrantee u will love Eve and Roarke once u get hooked to thm..the first is "Naked in Death" and till date there are 40 books written in the series..sum which really tug at u wid the storyline..
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Re: J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)   J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:08 am

Hey Hey Hey ! I am reading this one if she is kickass ! My friend reads her , I nEVER ........But since u recommend I will !
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)   J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 am

my folder
this is my folder on esnips wid the 40 books..chek thm out if ur ok wid ebooks..
can i say sumthng kools?nowadays wenever i read of Eve,she reminds me totally of u.. Embarassed
i hope u like her..
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Re: J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)   J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Eve ?Must read up on this character ..............Then I will know What others see me as ! Is she outspoken like me . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)   J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:06 am

oh yes kools..she is outspoken,cynical,absolutely kickass woman..and u shud see her interactions wid peabody..peabody is this girly girl and eve is exact opposite..and once McNab comes into the picture,peabody keeps talking abt him and dallas actually gets an eye twitch everytime wid the romance talk..even roarke makes fun of her calling her "his wife" and she gets so annoyed wid tht...man,u shud totally read up the books..she became my fav fictional character after a couple books thru the series..the first one was total intro so dint enjoy much bt the 2nd book onwards,it got amazing..she is this amazingly strong woman who sees the same nightmare she went thru,almost everyday and fights against it saving so many others..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)   J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) Empty

Back to top Go down

J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Koolsadhu :: Literature :: Literature Forum-
Jump to: