The Koolsadhu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koolsadhu

Daily Reflections

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ur fav composer & why

Go down 
+4
carpe-diem
anu rulz
Hope
acre
8 posters
AuthorMessage
acre

acre

ur fav composer & why Empty
PostSubject: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:36 am

hello everyone,

thanks admin for opening this forum,

music can't be describe in any form of words,music is
intangible although it doesn't contain any shape & size,i

music is just like a form of an energy,
which fulfills the lots of positivity in everyone's life,
music has got lots of genre i.e
happy,sad,romantic,emotional,energetic,etc,
music has got that amount of capacity it can bring the two
different cultures on a one platform,
music has got a simple pathway its flows from one cultures
& enter into the different cultures through fusion,

in today's technological world where everything is so fast
& furious, everyone is so much busy in their life, but when ever they want
break from their hectic life schedule they switched to music,it will provide
the stability in their life,
music has that power that it will overcome all ur sorrows

there r lots of musical instruments r found in this world,
each musical instruments has produced a different sound,
when all those different meets at one place a new song will born.

a song is the combined effort of three people in other words we can also said that the foundation of music has laid on three pillars,i.e
1) lyricist---- language,connectivity,understanding,
2) composer---- feelings,atmosphere,relationship,
3) singer----- voice,modulation,impact,

here we r taking about the second aspect of the song,
so i m asking this simple question to all of u,
who is ur fav music composer why u all like its work,what r the factors which forced u to become his/her fan,

kool di i have fulfilled ur demand,by opening this topic now i got active on this forum.
i hope other members will also show some activity on this forum by posting their replies on my post,
or they will create new topic posts in this forum.
i have a gut feeling that all the music lovers will take this forum onto the new height.

Very Happy Smile I love you Like a Star @ heaven cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 am

really nice topic.

I guess in recent times A R. Rehman. his music takes you to another place totally - either where you feel charged or nostalgic or maybe even dreamy

love his music.
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:24 pm

for me,its definitely RD Burman..all time favourite..his compositions and kishore kumar's voice,the serenity the combo gives is out of the world..recent times,i thnk wud be AR Rehman and Salim-Sulaiman..Jatin-Lalit while they were together were quite nice too..
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm

anu rulz wrote:
for me,its definitely RD Burman..all time favourite..his compositions and kishore kumar's voice,the serenity the combo gives is out of the world..recent times,i thnk wud be AR Rehman and Salim-Sulaiman..Jatin-Lalit while they were together were quite nice too..

me too actually I could not remember if it was r.d or s.d so I refrained from writin.

Ok my worst music composer has to be Bappi Lahiri

Recently I saw an old Kamal Hassan tamil movie and heard a song by a very popular composer in the south Illayraja.

The movie was a sad one called Nayagan later remade as Dayavan with Vinod K. if you think Dayavan was good you must see Nayagan. evry scene takes away a bit of your soul and this song that I am talking about is the theme song - Thenpandi Cheemaiyile - . it has this soulful haunting after effect when you hear it in the movie.

if you want to hear it you can click this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-DZpEEOg4

It made me appreciate another southern composer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carpe-diem

carpe-diem

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:32 pm

my all time fav is AR Rahman

i think i first fell in love with his music because it was so different from the rest in the early 90s. Roja, Humse hai mukabla, dil se, and dil hi dil main...were one of his finest works. Its too bad that i don't know any of the south indian languages i know i am missing out. so much gets lost in translation.

thats about it for now. when it comes to his music i am speechless. i just listen and admire. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:34 pm

[quote="carpe-diem"]my all time fav is AR Rahman

i think i first fell in love with his music because it was so different from the rest in the early 90s. Roja, Humse hai mukabla, dil se, and dil hi dil main...were one of his finest works. Its too bad that i don't know any of the south indian languages i know i am missing out. so much gets lost in translation.

thats about it for now. when it comes to his music i am speechless. i just listen and admire. :cheers [quote="carpe-diem"]

I have found a website that teaches tamil. Very Happy I am tring to learn it only so that I can nrtnam movies and

want the link Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carpe-diem

carpe-diem

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Hope that would be awesome. i would love to learn it. studies show that knowing more languages helps you to think in different ways. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dabulls23

Dabulls23

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:44 am

Madan Mohan my all time fav with lata di as singer..
Back to top Go down
acre

acre

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:42 am

my fav music composer is jatin-lalit,

the uniqueness of their music is that they r the inventor of melodious music,
the term melody can be describe in such in a manner,
melody its way through ur ears & reaches it to ur heart,
JL has been quite dedicated towards the theme of their music,
the biggest setback which has hit to their fans its now they r separated,

they r truly referred as the king of melody & the era 90's will always been remembered for the magic of JL's music.

Their soundtrack of Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge was judged the top Hindi soundtrack of all time by on-line voters on the BBC Asian Network.
the top fifteen movies of JL,

1) Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
2) Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa
3) Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
4)Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai
5) Dil Kya Kare
6) Fanaa
7) Hum Tum
Cool Dhai Akshar Prem Ke
9) Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander
10) Mohabbatein
11) Pyar To Hona Hi Tha
12) Yes Boss
13) Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya
14) kya kehna
15)
Albela

Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

My favorites r

Madan Mohan

SD Burman

Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar [ As composers]

RD

Sudhir Phadke .

I adore these people . I agree Rahman is brilliant but for me he is among the new music era .

My Father sang classical music . He had taken training . So for long time in our house film songs were banned .Only Classical music was played .

But hum chupke sunte the .When he was not there .

I grew up , not an expert on music or an avid crazy lover , but someone who RESPECTED it whenever it was played . Coz Father drilled that reverence in me . Today , whenever i listen to Pavarotti or Bhimsen ...........it doesnt matter , I listen with respect . It soothes me , the depth of music .

I must confess ...........I like old music more than todays music .

But sometimes , the younger generation comes up with heart warming pieces . That song ...........in Dil chahta hai ............GEET BAARISH TITLIYAN..........pieces like them warm up ur heart . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sowmya_jairam

sowmya_jairam

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:11 pm

My fave is ARR too. I also like some particular composer-filmmaker or composer-singer combos like RDBurman-KK and a Tamil composer Harris Jayaraj-Goutham and Illayaraja-SPBalasubramaniam. I also like some Telugu composers. But ARR as a composer only, coz he can do much pretty much any genre well--soul, peppy, rock or light music.

Hope and Carpe-diem, if you like Tamil songs, there are some movies in which all the songs are awesome. Goutham's Kaakka Kaakka and Mani Ratnam's Mounaraagam are very good examples.
Back to top Go down
umayal

umayal

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Acre,

Nice topic. Smile

My all time favorite is AR Rahman. I love his composing. Especially when he started the career, along with Maniratnam ,all his songs were superhit in Tamil. Roja,Bombay,
Uyire (Dil se). And then Rythm, Kadhal dhinam and so many.

He has tried folk too. he has changed the mind set of directors in tamil who say he does only westernized songs with his venture in a film called Kilaku Cheemaiyile.
He has done it beautifully.

But now a days though, Music has overlapped the Lyrics. could her only music.
I like Music that goes along with the Lyrics.

And another Pillar ,legend of south cinema(Tamil cinema) is Illaiyaraja. He has his own empire existed for so many years just before Rahman era starts. So many of his songs were nice and heart warming it would be.

I listen to old Hindi songs too,They were nice but I wasn't aware of the composer.

Hope Di ,you want to learn tamil. Very Happy
and Caspie you too. Very Happy

I was so happy to know this. Smile

If you want,I can help you in that. Smile
Back to top Go down
carpe-diem

carpe-diem

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:44 pm

I agree Mani and ARR combination is deadly. love it love it love it. so question for you guys how closely related are the Tamil songs to the Hindi songs for the movies Dil se, also Roja and Bombay. I think Dil hi dil main was originally in different language...other then Hindi. Question
Back to top Go down
umayal

umayal

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:57 pm

carpe-diem wrote:
I agree Mani and ARR combination is deadly. love it love it love it. so question for you guys how closely related are the Tamil songs to the Hindi songs for the movies Dil se, also Roja and Bombay. I think Dil hi dil main was originally in different language...other then Hindi. Question

Caspie, are you asking about the Lyrics part or musical one.
Music wise its same. ( for Dil se, Roja and Bombay).
All Mani ratnam films which have come in both Tamil and hindi, music wise it is same.

And Dil hi dil main is the dubbed movie of tamil one 'Kadhalar Dhinam' which I have mentioned in my earlier post too.
Songs of Kadhalar dhinam will also be so nice. but I haven't listen to the songs of Dil hi dil main. so I didn't know whether it is same.
Back to top Go down
sowmya_jairam

sowmya_jairam

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeah, like Umayal said, all movies made in Tamil and Hindi simultaneously have the exact same music with the exception of the lyrics. The remade once are different more than they are same. For example, Guzaarish which is "Ghajini" in Tamil doesn't have the same music as the Tamil original. Personally, I prefer the music that comes first. Dil Se I prefer the Hindi version and Ghajini the tamil version, since I heard them first and they have the original music.
Back to top Go down
carpe-diem

carpe-diem

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Umi and SJ (hope you don't mind) i was talking about the lyrics, but then ARR has little to do with that. I love the lyrics by Gulzar from the movie Dil Se, in hindi I love you Laughing
Back to top Go down
sowmya_jairam

sowmya_jairam

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 pm

carpe-diem wrote:
Umi and SJ (hope you don't mind) i was talking about the lyrics, but then ARR has little to do with that. I love the lyrics by Gulzar from the movie Dil Se, in hindi I love you Laughing

I don't mind at all Very Happy I think ARR does write some songs, but his main role is that of a composer and sometimes singer. I love Dil Se songs too!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ur fav composer & why   ur fav composer & why Empty

Back to top Go down

ur fav composer & why
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Koolsadhu :: Art, Music and Movies :: Expression of Art forms-
Jump to: