The Koolsadhu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koolsadhu

Daily Reflections

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what other shows do you like to watch

Go down 
+6
tiya229
acre
umayal
polki_zofi
Hope
anu rulz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
anu rulz

anu rulz

what other shows do you like to watch Empty
PostSubject: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:55 am

since all of us are essentially connected via PR,the show we love to hate these days,i was wondering what other shows u like to watch or follow,whether in hindi,any regional language or in english..maybe we end up wid sum other connection as well.. Smile

i watch the following shows,
sasural genda phool (the sheer delight of the normality of the story,characters and dialogues,which Star Plus is hell bent on ruining btw,and amazing cast of actors,esp ragini and supriyaji)
saas bina sasural (the dialogues and again the normality and eccentricities of the family)
chandragupta maurya (love the acting,the screenplay)
reruns of FRIENDS (its the best stress-buster for me)

i follow thru updates,
balika vadhu (mostly coz i have great friends on the forum there and the show was interesting wen it started,tho gone down the drain now)
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 6:26 am

PR was my first Indian soap in a decade. big mistake. last mistake

I am more of a movie buff but I did watch a lot of shows

the West Wing - beautiful - all seasons

Friends - Reruns about 8-12 times

Seinfeld - Reruns about 8-12 times

Everybody Loves Raymond - Reruns about 8-12 times

My mosgtt favourit and what I still watch - Law and Order - all of them especially the original and CSI
Back to top Go down
polki_zofi

PostSubject: multiple post!   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:23 am

sorry Sad

Last edited by polki_zofi on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polki_zofi

PostSubject: Telenovela   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:25 am

Do you guys know what TELENOVELA is?

Telenovela are usually one year (or a little more) long series, usually romantic, run in Russia, Poland, Spain or Portugal and recently in Ukrainia! ... These are usually 150 episodes, with a beginning and proper ends!

I love most of the Russian ones, because you will be surprised on how sweeet sweeet their romantic telenovela's can be Smile ...

I don't like too many hollywood and english because I personally feel they feed the wrong information about Europe sometimes (as they show those character visit Europe and everyone is crazy!).

You all can try and watch the Russian or Polish ... or even Ukrainian telenovelas if they are available in internet Smile ... trust me you will enjoy it and they can make you cry or treasure the story forever Smile
Back to top Go down
umayal

umayal

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Hai Anu,

PR is the only show I watch without fail.
couldn't miss it also even though they dish out crap these days.
Thats effect it is having on me and because of you all too,it has become a integral part of my life. This 9-9.30 pm slot I have seen nothing else that even my family and friends started teasing me. Embarassed Very Happy

Even I haven't watched its tamil version though my mom watches it.
This PR ,as impressed me with its first promo itself and the title song, oh its still my favourite.

Archu climbing the stairs of temple,showing Manav there and then finally showing my favorite sweetu (Lord Ganesh) to show that they are god made couple, It has impressed me a lot to watch this show.

But I have watched one or two shows of Sasural Ghenda Phool. For its humour , have watched it some times but not a regular one. I like suhana. Smile
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:37 pm

@hope: i used to watch FULL HOUSE regularly wen it used to air..unfortunately its DVDs are not available as freely as FRIENDS so i dnt have it wid me..i have also seen Everybody Loves Raymond in bits and pieces..i used to really like his wife and hs brother was so adorably confused..this is what a gathered frm the few episodes i have seen..CSI once in a while again..never seen Seinfeld tho have heard a lot of compliments frm people abt it..
@polki: i actually dint know abt the telenovela,it sounds interesting..will try catch it if possible..thanx for the info
@umi: ya,suhana is adorable..a complete child-woman she is..and her journey after her marriage is amazing..nowadays the story is full of OTT scenes thanx to the useless channel (die SP die) bt initial episodes were fantastic..have u seen the "gift of the smile" scenes btwn badima and suhana?? the first time they showed tht,it must have been the first time in YEARS tht i cried watching a show on tv..it was absolutely beautiful..
here is a link to tht video..am sure u will love it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imNJUx9d6cY
i understand abt ur attachment to PR..the show started wid so much promise and thn the creatives ruined tht archu climbing up the stairs to Bappa's temple and manav looking at her feeding the children there..both those characters are now in shambles..if u have the time,try catch the inital episodes after suhana-ishaan's wedding..esp of suhana and Badima..they rock!!

Last edited by anu rulz on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
acre

acre

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:50 pm

my fav hindi serial was ek chabhi hain pados mein
hannah mottana,jonas brother,everbody loves raymond,
these r my fav english serial,

btw when u talk about current hindi shows i mainly watch khottey sikkey,c i d,aadalat & comedy circus.
i m quite happy that these r weekly shows so i can't watch with free mind, no work tensions lol!

Last edited by acre on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:59 pm

shikhar i have seen one or two episodes of khottey sikkey..in fact the last ones,lol..the derby horse one and the finale..shud have seen thm initially,coz i really liked the gang..esp deshmukh and his assistant..dnt know his name..they reminded me of Dallas and Peabody so much..(they are my fav fiction novel characters) and adalat i saw the last weeks show,the one abt the priest who was accused of a murder and the actual murderer had confessed to him only..and u know what,my Dad is a huge fan of CID..he wud actually watch the marathon episodes in the afternoon wen he is home..and keep imitating ACP wid his "wohi toh" and "kuch toh gadbad hai".. Razz
Back to top Go down
umayal

umayal

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 pm

anu rulz wrote:

@umi: ya,suhana is adorable..a complete child-woman she is..and her journey after her marriage is amazing..nowadays the story is full of OTT scenes thanx to the useless channel (die SP die) bt initial episodes were fantastic..have u seen the "gift of the smile" scenes btwn badima and suhana?? the first time they showed tht,it must have been the first time in YEARS tht i cried watching a show on tv..it was absolutely beautiful..
here is a link to tht video..am sure u will love it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imNJUx9d6cY
i understand abt ur attachment to PR..the show started wid so much promise and thn the creatives ruined tht archu climbing up the stairs to Bappa's temple and manav looking at her feeding the children there..both those characters are now in shambles..if u have the time,try catch the inital episodes after suhana-ishaan's wedding..esp of suhana and Badima..they rock!!

Anu,Thanks for the Link Yaar.
i watched it, It was very nice - touching one. Through her childish ways she brings emotions.Thats what I like about her. Yes ,will try to catch initial epi's you have said. Smile
Back to top Go down
tiya229

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:15 pm

in hindi i only watch PR and sometimes choti bahu season 2

otherwise, i watch Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Vampire Diaries, any show by the Kardashians and America's Next Top Model. Laughing
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:21 pm

I watch ........

Mukti Bandhan [ regularly like PR } its on colors and is loosely based on the Ambanis . But it is an excellent serial with GREY painted all over .........the duel between Ambition and knowledge .........Laxmi and Saraswati ..........Sasur and Bahu ..........Guru and disciple . Refreshingly ..........NONE of the women r bitchy . Or Vamp like . They r straightforward , strong , balance careers with homes , and dream ahead instead of regressing .

Phulwa [ occasionally] as it is based on the life of dacoit queen Phoolan Devi and the uneducated , barbaric justice system in remote rural UP that churned out dacoits instead of helping civilians . I am watching the current track as it shows the shocking marraiige of an 8 year old to a man in his twenties simply coz sumone put sindoor in her head when this man kidnapped her for a private BADLA .

Pratigya I have ALMOST left . It started out with a big bang and disappointed the hell out of me with the TEACHING LESSON thingy . I can't STAND the actress and her unemotive acting . Occasionally I glance at it .

Krishnaben Khakrawallla ..............surprisingly has ALL the elements a serial today shud have . It shows a woman surviving in a suburb of Mumbai ..........Dahisar , with the only skill she knows after her husband dies .........COOKING . she is an excellent cook and decides to go into the Khakra business and supplies Khakras to various shops by making them late into the nights . Slowly but surely her business grows and she earns well ...........Well enough to have a small factory in which she employs the gully ladies by giving them employment too . She opens her own SHOP and takes her father in law [ in his eighties] to DWARKA for a pilgrimage ............a duty his son wud have done if he had been alive . And she educates her 3 children although she herself is uneducated ..........one is a lawyer , one is studying for medical entrance and one is in college . Sometimes over dramatised but such a refreshing , GOOD concept .I actually see it .

Mata Ki Chowki ............for the SHEER STUPIDITY as it NEVER fails to make me laugh when the Devi in the sky does miracles that even a child of 5 can..............if one watches this serial he will SURELY turn to Devil worship and give up on GOD altogether as GOD is shown to be so USELESS

On anus recommendation am starting ChandraGupta maurya

Oh yea . In western TV .........HOUSE , CRIMINAL MINDS , DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES [ I already saw] RE RUNS of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND ............AMERICAN JUSTICE , COLD CASE FILES ............Did I forget sumthing ?

Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:02 am

ya Kools,i have heard of MB..bt my mother has the remote during the 9-10 slot and refuses to part wid it..lol..
@phulwa: the kid is very talented..bt seriously,they showed a marriage btwn the kid and a guy???Colors channel never ceases to surprise me wid its thought process..anyways,if u like it,it must be sumthng decent to watch..
mata ki chowki,i actually used to follow eons back wen it was vaishnavi as the protagonist and they had these really nice mythological stories interweaved in the actual story...then it went haywire and i stopped..lol..
Kools,do watch the video link i put up..u might be pleasantly surprised wid SGP..tho nowadays like i said,the channel has ruined it bt the initial episodes were delightful..suhana's growth frm a pampered brat to who she is now is a treat to watch..
@tiya: i have never seen Choti Bahu,it clashes wid SGP,probably thts y..
Back to top Go down
viram

viram

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyThu May 05, 2011 12:19 pm

The shows I watch are not what I would love to watch. The remote is always with the kids from 8.30 to 9.30 pm.I watch Taarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashma and Sajan re Jhoot mat bolo. I have stopped wathcing all the other shows as there is so much of negativity.earl;iwer I used to watch Yahan main ghar Ghar Kheli and Uttaran. Now these shows have become so regressive, perversive and sadistic. So only read the updates.

I like to watch Doraemon and Oswald and Noddy when they are aired.

Back to top Go down
carpe-diem

carpe-diem

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:55 pm

i don't watch shows regularly but here's my list.

indian tv shows PR, SGP, TMKOC

western...i like Scrubs, House, Supernatural, Royal Pains, Castle, Chuck, Outsourced, The Big Bang Theory...
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:06 pm

polki_zofi wrote:
Do you guys know what TELENOVELA is?

Telenovela are usually one year (or a little more) long series, usually romantic, run in Russia, Poland, Spain or Portugal and recently in Ukrainia! ... These are usually 150 episodes, with a beginning and proper ends!

I love most of the Russian ones, because you will be surprised on how sweeet sweeet their romantic telenovela's can be Smile ...

I don't like too many hollywood and english because I personally feel they feed the wrong information about Europe sometimes (as they show those character visit Europe and everyone is crazy!).

You all can try and watch the Russian or Polish ... or even Ukrainian telenovelas if they are available in internet Smile ... trust me you will enjoy it and they can make you cry or treasure the story forever Smile

zofi can you give alink or a name of a telenovella. I would like to check one out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:08 pm

carpe-diem wrote:

western...i like Scrubs, House, Supernatural, Royal Pains, Castle, Chuck, Outsourced, The Big Bang Theory...

Really like House - now there's an actor who really really knows how to play a very arrogant and irritating character well enough that you would still want to watch him

what is the big bang theory about?

my colleague was telling me about outsourced. comedy na? i saw one show and was not as drawn as I had hoped.
Back to top Go down
carpe-diem

carpe-diem

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Hope wrote:
carpe-diem wrote:

Really like House - now there's an actor who really really knows how to play a very arrogant and irritating character well enough that you would still want to watch him

what is the big bang theory about?

my colleague was telling me about outsourced. comedy na? i saw one show and was not as drawn as I had hoped.

House.... i loved him, but not so much since he started dating Cuddy. i still have a few episodes to watch.

the big bang theory is about 4 scientists. 1 is a very smart guy completely devoid of emotions, who lives with a nice physicist. there is a jewish guy living with his mother and an indian guy who cannot speck to women unless he is intoxicated. basically a 4 nerdy guys trying to deal with social norms normally. hehe
here's a link if you want to check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/

outsourced is not that great but the characters grown on you. there is one episode you must watch its called todd's holi war...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1838186/

i hope the site works. its a good episode. Very Happy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:44 am

Anu was RIGHT . CHandragupta Maurya is ULTIMATE . Anu THANK U for putting me on it .
Back to top Go down
Dabulls23

Dabulls23

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Besides PR I watch all music and dance shows on Indian channel...Try catching Saas bina sasural sometimes..

Or else mostly regular shows..Again music-dancing shows, House, Desperate housewife, Million dollar listing, NBA games..Some old classic movies I can catch on reg channels...
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:45 am

carpe-diem wrote:

ooh HOUSE is the best yaar..i have seen two seasons of it during internship..my roomy and i watched it back to back..thn we got exhausted of trying to figure out the diagnosis so gave it a break...lol..
bt the actor playing HOUSE is amazing..his character makes u so amused and irritated at the same time..he is brilliant..
and another SGP fan..great...the show is a delight..suhana esp..
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:47 am

koolsadhu1000 wrote:
Anu was RIGHT . CHandragupta Maurya is ULTIMATE . Anu THANK U for putting me on it .
aww am glad u liked it kools...arent the actors playing chanakya and chandragupta amazing???the kid esp is so talented..
Back to top Go down
carpe-diem

carpe-diem

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:36 pm

anu rulz wrote:
carpe-diem wrote:

ooh HOUSE is the best yaar..i have seen two seasons of it during internship..my roomy and i watched it back to back..thn we got exhausted of trying to figure out the diagnosis so gave it a break...lol..
bt the actor playing HOUSE is amazing..his character makes u so amused and irritated at the same time..he is brilliant..
and another SGP fan..great...the show is a delight..suhana esp..

lol Anu, even my friends and i used to do that...when we couldn't guess it, we guessed lupus since it affects many organs, figured we couldn't go wrong...yes we were wrong many a times Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what other shows do you like to watch   what other shows do you like to watch Empty

Back to top Go down

what other shows do you like to watch
Page 1 of 1