The Koolsadhu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koolsadhu

Daily Reflections

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Kool Chat Thread

Go down 
+6
Lovely
Dabulls23
koolsadhu1000
umayal
Hope
Sweet Fifi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dabulls23

Dabulls23

The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Yes Kools when we designed our landscaping for the yard we wanted Tulsi Plan in a structure so we can light Diyas and worship...My most precious thing which I left behind as a good luck charm for the buyers when we sold the house...Something similar to the picture attached..Tulsi plant thrived in all weathers...I used to cover it in plastic during windy days but mostly it did so well..Plant was a house warming gift from my aunt (Foi) as a blessings..

Move to a warm place where u can have nice gardening, grow tropical plants and fruits...have good landscaping to enjoy the outdoors and greenery.. Very Happy

The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 Tulsi_Kyara

The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 2810157_2589271_290
Back to top Go down
Sweet Fifi

Sweet Fifi

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:58 pm

guys believe it or not i had a kitchen garden..until hubby dearest decided he wanted to fill up the land to build a house..i had egg plants hot, sweet and pimento peppers, tomatoes cabbage, culiflowers, lettuce, carilla, okras, string beans and even a pumpkin patch (until the yardman killed it with a weed wacker). I even had chives cilantro thyme and celery in pots
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 am

Awww it is so nice to be part of all these green thumbbers Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

feel like thumbelina

I mysel am from te opposition - a qualified certifidblack thummber

you want to kill any living green thing just hand it over I offer a 24 to 48 hour guarantee Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil am a sure fire thing

Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 am

fifs you there woman

where are al my peeps

Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:28 am

Dabulls23 wrote:
Yes Kools when we designed our landscaping for the yard we wanted Tulsi Plan in a structure so we can light Diyas and worship...My most precious thing which I left behind as a good luck charm for the buyers when we sold the house...Something similar to the picture attached..Tulsi plant thrived in all weathers...I used to cover it in plastic during windy days but mostly it did so well..Plant was a house warming gift from my aunt (Foi) as a blessings..

Move to a warm place where u can have nice gardening, grow tropical plants and fruits...have good landscaping to enjoy the outdoors and greenery.. Very Happy

The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 Tulsi_Kyara

The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 2810157_2589271_290

varshuuuuuuuuuuuu dil bhel diya tusli ki picture dal keh

absolutely find the tuls plant the most serene thing to look at
thanks

been a long time since I saw one

only saw it in goa and some chaw commuinty centre courts in b'bay
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:14 am

Oh So Sweet Fifi has fyi found TIME to peep in ! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Varsha the pictures made me nostalgic

As Hope said , when one enters Goa , after leaving Panjim ..........And passes thru the varioius villages , we see two things

Lovely Christian villas

Or Manglorean tiled roof houses with fences of orange laterite stones and Tulsi Vrindavans in the front yard .

The heart experiences something as the car , taxi speeds ahead on the winding red roads flanked by plantations on one side and these charming houses on the other side .

Muvaaa Goa . Muvaa .
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:32 am

ok kools u and Iwrite a book about goa. kya kehti ho?

actually uwrite, I'll proof read and edit clown Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sweet Fifi

Sweet Fifi

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Hope wrote:

and i will print...talk about team work cheers
know what they say..there is no I in team
Back to top Go down
Lovely

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Varsha thanks for your tip of covering the Tulsi in the winter season. I had so much Tulsi in my backyard and it had grown quite tall and big.. But I just didn't know how to protect it in the winter and now its all gone. Luckily I have 2 seperate pots so its still there. And I have started saving those seeds so that I can plant more. thank god.

I just want a good and neat trick to keep squirrels away. Those animals just won't let cilantro grow in my yard. Sad
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Sweet Fifi wrote:
Hope wrote:

Oh look who blessed this chat thread with her omnipresence Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

fifi why don't you write the foreword trini style Razz Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Hope

Hope

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Lovely wrote:
Varsha thanks for your tip of covering the Tulsi in the winter season. I had so much Tulsi in my backyard and it had grown quite tall and big.. But I just didn't know how to protect it in the winter and now its all gone. Luckily I have 2 seperate pots so its still there. And I have started saving those seeds so that I can plant more. thank god.

I just want a good and neat trick to keep squirrels away. Those animals just won't let cilantro grow in my yard. Sad

lovely

our winters in Canada are very harsh and most delicate bushes i.e roses etc are coveed with plastic or other such coverings. it works very well. Very Happy

squirrels - tough but my SIL who has a house that backs on to woods told me this trick. it is a bit gross but apparently it worked for her and her friemd. hair. she went to a hairdresser and asked them to left overs and she spread it around. I don't think she did it heavily.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Fifi

Sweet Fifi

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Hope wrote:
Sweet Fifi wrote:
Hope wrote:

Oh look who blessed this chat thread with her omnipresence Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

fifi why don't you write the foreword trini style Razz Very Happy cheers
i could do that all in ONE LINE lol!
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:50 am

am so going to save all ur gardening tips and tricks and later wen am married and have to keep a garden,will put thm to action..my beau is so set on wanting greenery even if we live in a metro and am sure woh baad mein saara kaam mere hi sar daal dega.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Thanks    The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks for all ur tips friends I wont mind if more roll in

hahaha anu , abhi se ? All men r same Very Happy They start out enthusiastically and somewhere along the way dump on the wifes head all the work
Back to top Go down
Sweet Fifi

Sweet Fifi

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:13 am

Here is another easy tip to getting a plant. Take the seeds out of the pepper etc. Let it dry out for a bit then spread in the middle of a paper towel. Fold the paper towel and then place flat in a ziploc bag. Sprinkle some water until the PT is soaked and seal the bag leave it alone for about two weeks and then open it and you will most definitely see seedlings take them out and transplant them in a cup or pot...or i just make some holes at the bottom of egg crates and use that instead.

Last edited by Sweet Fifi on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: hey Fifs   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:33 am

Fifs what will happen if i just cut open a pepper and sprinkle the seeds without drying them ? Will they sprout ?
Back to top Go down
Sweet Fifi

Sweet Fifi

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 am

koolsadhu1000 wrote:
Fifs what will happen if i just cut open a pepper and sprinkle the seeds without drying them ? Will they sprout ?
it might rot...i usually leave it out for a couple of days and then germinate them...
i use egg crates to transplant the seedlings into...just fill it up with potting soil, compress it and plant the little seedlings in there and when they are about 6" tall take them out and place them in the ground...

I just came back from the garden shop..today i am going to plant some pepper seedlings that i had and i bought 4 egg plant (the garden guy told me the seeds came from india) 4 tomatoes and 4 pepper plants that i bought...i hope they live Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sweet Fifi

Sweet Fifi

PostSubject: the royal wedding   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:07 am

hey anyone looked at the wedding???
Back to top Go down
anu rulz

anu rulz

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:21 am

hey all..am off to jamnagar tomorrw so wnt be online for sumtime till i get an internet connection there..will be back soon wid hopefully a bigger vocabulary of gujju words..lol..
Back to top Go down
Dabulls23

Dabulls23

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:25 am

Hey Anu good luck with the move and study in Jamnagar..

Now you will become Gujju girl cheers
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:07 am

Anu u eat lots of dhoklas and Farsan for breakfast and become fat Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and learn lots of gaalis in gujrathi for ARMAN .

Gaandi ...........Archana

Gaandaa...........Manav . [ meaning PAGAL]. U learn more teekha ones . My gujju is this much only
Back to top Go down
Dabulls23

Dabulls23

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:53 pm

koolsadhu1000 wrote:
Anu u eat lots of dhoklas and Farsan for breakfast and become fat Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and learn lots of gaalis in gujrathi for ARMAN .

Gaandi ...........Archana

Gaandaa...........Manav . [ meaning PAGAL]. U learn more teekha ones . My gujju is this much only

For Gujju gaalis I am here na Laughing

ArMan banne gaanda chhe

Jamnagar is popular for Bandhani and traditional gujju sweets....Dhokla, Thepla and Undhiyu are not the only gujju food items rest of the world knows...More to Gujju food than that Smile

Jamnagar a Great part of Saurashtra...
Back to top Go down
polki_zofi

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Interesting thread! Smile

So informative. You all have distinct cultures and traditions within this very big country Wink .

I wonder whats going on in Poland. I heard its spring already Laughing ... and this time its quite early I feel. But our spring is much lower temperature than yours Laughing . Delhi summer is here though Crying or Very sad ...

I went with my husband and in laws to lunch and dinner invitation ... and could notice blistering heat outside the car window bounce ... saw little children too. It was painful.

I have an interesting experience on some shopping in some New Delhi places ... Nehru Place and another place whose name I cannot remember immediately. But there I saw some Europeans and Americans too Laughing ... I noticed a Polish too Laughing ... I thought I go and talk, but that would be so silly Laughing clown

Anyways ... after me and my husband had our little pastries and ice-creams before returning home, some food we carried, and the little street urchins gathered. They gathered around me, wanted money or food or whatever they could get out of me. So strange and painful it was. What alarmed me was that around in that place there were so many rich Indians, not even looking at these children - as they did not exist!

Please don't mind, I am not blaming anyone. It was very new to me, and I couldn't understand how to understand what was happening. I gave up the additional pastries and the floaters we were carrying ... although my husband disapproved. Rightly so, because after that they wanted more. Followed us till our car. I had no idea what to do.

However, I have realized I keep making the same mistake of giving the food I am carrying, or even some money. Perhaps I mustn't ... but some children are so round and fluffy! Where do they sleep? ... in that open?

Delhi is beyond my wildest imagination now, considering the overwhelming heat. This heat I never dreamed a country can have. India is the first country other than France (neighbor) where I traveled. By far the longest stay ever in my life is now in India.

While shopping or eating are the only time I could come close to the other side of India which probably I will never know completely about.

However, there are beautiful moments in India for me. It is a magical country with all those historical stuff everywhere. Beautiful cloth, and very cheap too Wink

Soon I will leave this magical place ... but this place played its own magic to me too Smile ... can never forget. Surely will come again Smile
Back to top Go down
koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Polki darling thats the poverty of India . Those beggar children r often parts of gangs run by criminals ............they maim children and make them beg and at the end of the day collect their collections and give them a percentage just enough to survive thru life . If the children leave those gangs they r klled or maimed more .

Did u see the latest hit SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE that got awards ? See that movie and you will understand the reality of those beggar children .

They target foreigners as Indians know them too well and will not part with a penny even . Its not that we dont feel for them ..........we KNOW the way things work from inside .

U must learn to say NAHI and ignore them . Ur so kind Polki . An absolute dear . Smile

Yes , thats the side of India u will never see . And better that u dont . Its AWFUL .

Take back the magic with u ...........its still exists . Its Not lost yet .

Btw did u see Mother India ? Add to that .......SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE . And then tell me .
Back to top Go down
Sweet Fifi

Sweet Fifi

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:48 pm

polki you should experience a caribbean summer, right now it is very hot here in trinidad, i cant take this heat, yesterday i had one of the nastiest headaches, i retired early to bed last night..my feet and fingers are swelling up with the heat...everyday is like a beach day here Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kool Chat Thread   The Kool Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kool Chat Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next